Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A LARC Success Story: Carole Carr




Carole Carr is a reporter and fill-in anchor at WCBI in Columbus, Mississippi. Before going through LARC, she sent out 200 tapes trying to find a job, but no luck. After LARC, she had more calls then she could handle.

LARC: Talk about your experience at LARC?

Carole: It was really a positive experience. Looking for a job in this business is difficult, but to have the support I got while at LARC really made things easier. Jay also made sure I never gave up and I didn't. Now it's all paying off.


LARC: You interviewed Martin Lawrence while at LARC, Cheech Marin, Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa... talk about your resume tape and what was it like making it?

Carole: It was really nice to have the expertise from a working reporter while making my tape. I had all my questions answered and I came out with a great tape. It can be intimidating doing some of the interviews, knowing the questions to ask... but Jay really made it easy while letting me do the work. That really helped me because it's exactly what I'm doing now.


LARC: Describe the moment when you first got the reporter job?

Carole: It felt like when it rains it pours. After I got one job, I was offered two jobs. The first tape I made myself. Got one call. But with LARC, I got three calls immediately, two interviews and two job offers. It all happened so fast. I'm just glad Jay was there with the advice he gave me.


LARC: What is it like being a reporter?

Carole: I've never been happier in my life. It's something that I always wanted to do. I always had that uneasy feeling that I couldn't do it, but when I got the job, I said yes, this feels right. And with the writing tips LARC gave me, it really gives me confidence on the job. My life, right now, couldn't be better.