Sunday, May 14, 2006

A LARC Success Story: Jacqueline Bennett


Jacqueline Bennett is the newest general assignment reporter at KIVI (NBC) in Boise, Idaho.
Not long after finishing her LARC training, she receive numerous calls for interviews. But nothing ever fit... Until KIVI called.

LARC: Describe the moment you got the call and learned you got the job?

Jacqueline: When I got the call I was really kind of scared because I didn't know what he was going to say. The interview didn't last very long so I didn't know what to expect. When he told me I got the job it was like fireworks and explosions went off inside me. It was really exciting.

LARC: Give some advice to young and up and coming reporters trying to get their first job?

Jacqueline: It all comes when you least expect it. You have to keep at it. It was very frustrating, but you really need to stick with it. When you get the job, it's like delayed gratification.

LARC: Talk about your LARC experience? What did you learn from it?

Jacqueline: Having the access to produce such a high quality tape and to work with someone who has so much experience is the difference between getting a job or not. Without LARC I wouldn't have had a tape near the quality I had and I wouldn't even of had an opportunity to interview at the station. You need a good solid tape to get in the front door and after that it's all up to you. LARC provided me with that first step to get me in the front door.