Sunday, October 07, 2007

A LARC Success Story - Jackie Reeves

Jackie Reeves was hired as reporter and anchor for KTWO in Casper, Wyoming less than 2 months after finishing her LARC tape.

LARC: Why did you choose LARC to help you make your resume tape?

Jackie: I researched other resume tape services, and felt like LARC was the most thorough and professional method to making a resume tape. After grad school, I did not have the footage necessary to make a great tape, and I felt like Jay had the background and knowledge to assist me in putting together a resume that could get me my first job.

LARC: What do you think was the most valuable lesson you learned at LARC?

Jackie: There were many things I learned at LARC that were very valuable. Jay really helped me work on my voice, camera presence and presentation, and made sure that everything that I put on my tape was professional. He also gave me valuable information on the business, including methods in how to send my tape out, the right people to contact, and what to do during the interview process.
LARC: You got hired fairly quickly. Talk about the interview process and what did the news director think about your tape?
Jackie: I received really positive feedback from my tape. Every director I talked to thought it was a polished, professional resume. In fact, this made the interview process easy, because they felt like the tape spoke for itself.
LARC: Talk about your reaction when the news director offered you the job?

Jackie: I was estatic! It all happened so fast, and this has been my dream for a long time. When it finally comes true, it is a wonderful feeling.

LARC: Now that you're "in the club", what advice can you give people trying to break into the business?

Jackie: Be persistent and never give up. It is a hard business to break into, but the work is worth it. As a journalist every day is an adventure, which makes the job challenging, but so much fun.

LARC: Thanks Jackie. Again, Congrats.